Thursday, April 26, 2012

Any port in a storm

Collectively, my family owns at least five hairbrushes. There's the big red one, the pink Dora the Explorer one, a cheap plastic one I bought to go to the gym, the nice wooden one I bought to replace the lost-and-subsequently-found aforementioned gym brush, etc. You get the idea. Not bad for a family where only two of us have hair longer than an inch.

So why is it that this afternoon, as I was racing around trying to change my son's poorly-timed dirty diaper and help my daughter find her other princess rubber boot to wear to school, I couldn't find a single one? We live in 600 square feet - there just shouldn't be that many places that one hairbrush - let alone five - can hide.

So, hairbrushes all missing, this is how I found myself at 12:10 pm this afternoon, gingerly brushing through my daughter's hair with the tiny pink brush that came with her new Dance Moves Barbie. I braided it for her today on the off-chance that the brushes are still missing tomorrow - at least it won't look like small mammals are nesting in it.

I like to think that the hairbrushes have snuck away with the television remote somewhere and are having a lovely time.




Edited to add: Ha! It was as I suspected. The hairbrush and the remote WERE consorting. Perhaps there are tiny brush/remote hybrids in my future.


Edited AGAIN to add:

Later the same day.  My remote is just not discriminating at all.  Naughty.


1 comment: