Friday, April 27, 2012

Product Review: Red Rose tea

I write this post full in the knowledge that I might get the boot for confessing that I drink Red Rose tea.  I have a feeling the other writers know better, and drink better.

But I like Red Rose tea, and here's why: it's impossible to oversteep a cup of this stuff.

You can carefully prepare your mug (visual inspection: no stray bits of ramen glued to the sides), insert the teabag, pour in the boiling water, and let it just sit there.  For, like, hours.  While you change diapers three or four times, check Facebook repeatedly (today's favourite hot-button topic: vaccinations), consider whether dinner should be comprised of KD and hot dogs or canned baked beans and hot dogs ... you get the idea.

Two hours later, you remember that you made yourself a cup of tea ... and that not only is it now cold, you've left the tea bag half-floating in it like some kind of angry iceberg in search of Leo DiCaprio vehicle.

But fear not!  You had the foresight to choose Red Rose!

So add your sugar and cream, and drink it up, buttercup.  No need to start all over, no need to bother with that pesky microwave.  You know all subsequent efforts are gonna be cold before you get to them, anyway.

8 comments:

  1. You're right, I was all set to judge (I mean...Red Rose...blargh) but your reasoning is sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to believe that you can microwave tea once and once only. I've tried to develop a taste for cold tea and coffee, but thus far have failed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought of you as I came through the kitchen to go get the laundry and discovered a cold cup of tea that i have no recollection of making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Rose. *points little index finger guns, makes clicking sound*

      Delete
  4. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. two dozen roses

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    Flower Delivery Scottsdale

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. livrare flori cluj

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... flower shop Frisco

    ReplyDelete