Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where I really do feel like a bad mom

SK Open House was today at school, and JK parents were invited to attend.  I elected not to, and instead took a nap while Trouble napped.  In truth, I thought about it yesterday, and then it completely slipped my mind.  Mischief had a playdate this morning before school where the caregiver dropped her off and a playdate after school where the mom picked her up, so once I dropped her at her friend's house, I kind of stopped thinking about her beyond remembering that I need to pick her up at 5.

The mom who is probably on her way home with Mischief right now emailed me not that long ago to confirm pick-up time for this afternoon, and mentioned that she'd been to the Open House, and that Mischief was chosen as the Star of the Day today, and now I feel The Guilt.  How could I not go?  Was she disappointed?  Did she watch the door hopefully, wondering if I might show up to surprise her?  Was my nap worth her hurt feelings if she WAS waiting for me?  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment