Friday, May 4, 2012

Like rain on your wedding day

The irony is not lost on me that I've happily created and posted to a blog confessing to the world that I'm a "bad mommy", but when Mischief angrily turned to me this afternoon and called me "the worst mom in the whole world" (because, in insisting that she move away from the street side of the sidewalk, I'd made her miss a jump in her intricate "walking home" dance) it sent a knife directly through my heart.

Some days, there is just not enough chocolate in the world.

2 comments:

  1. That's how I feel when I don't get the boob out fast enough and the peanut sobs and clenches her fists and waves her hands frantically in the air.

    (my head just added 'like she just don't care')

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same when a tantrummy DM slaps me in the face. :(

    ReplyDelete